The following professional community efforts are active in Humboldt County:
- Training on reflective practice is offered annually. From those trainings, participants are offered ongoing opportunities to recieve reflective coaching and mentoring from CA Endorsed Reflective Practitioners.
Neurosequential Models of Therapeutics and Education (NMT & NME)
- The 0 to 8 Mental Health Collaborative offers ongoing web-based trainings from the ChildTrauma Academy. Please see our training calendar for upcoming events.
- Through a Department of Health and Human Services BRIDGES grant, the collaborative has a cohort of practitioners working toward certification in the NME and NMT.
- Through a Department of Health and Human Services BRIDGES grant, the collaborative has a cohort of practitioners trained and certified to deliver Infant Massage classes for parents and caregivers through-out the community.
MotherWoman Support Facilitators
- Through a Department of Health and Human Services BRIDGES grant, the collaborative has a cohort of practitioners trained and certified to facilitate support groups for women or parents and caregivers in the community.
Trauma Responsive Environments Everywhere (TREE) Project
- This project was originally funded through a Humboldt BRIDGES grant and is now being supported through the Humboldt County Office of Education. This project infuses trauma responsive strategies into select settings in the community. These sites are offered training, observation and coaching support to increase their capacity to support children whose trauma experiences impact their capacity to function in the envirnment.