In order to receive the IFECMH endorsement, a professional must provide proof of the following:
- Clinical experience with families and children prenatal to age 3 and/or
- Clinical experience with children 3 to 5 and their families
- Reflective practice facilitation (hours vary depending upon level sought)
Summary of hours for IFECMH practitioner:
- 180 hours prenatal to 3 or 3 to 5 only endorsement
- 240 hours prenatal to 5 endorsement
Summary of hours for IFECMH specialist:
- 760 hours prenatal to 3 or 3 to 5 only.
- 1260 hours prenatal to 5 endorsement.
Please click here to visit the California Center for Infant-Family and Early Childhood Mental Health for a complete list of competencies, required clinical experience, and reflective practice facilitation hours.